Unami Lodge, One's Response to COVID-19

August 25, 2020 Updating Thread

This page will continue to be updated as we learn more about COVID-19, and as changes are made accordingly. Please check back for the most recent information about Unami Lodge events and procedures moving forward.

August 25, 2020 - New Service Events

The Lodge Executive Committee has approved an abridged service day to take the place of the Fall Fellowship this year! Stay tuned for more updates on that and make sure to sign up for the Council’s Service Day at Musser Scout Reservation, September 12!

August 21, 2020 - National Guidelines Update

New guidelines have been released for conducting virtual lodge officer elections when local restrictions preclude in-person gatherings.

August 5, 2020 - Induction Procedures Update

At the National Council of Chiefs during Momentum Launch, new updates were announced regarding in-person and virtual induction procedures.

June 17, 2020 - Momentum Update

It is with deep disappointment we announce the cancellation of the in-person Momentum event scheduled for next month at the Summit Bechtel Reserve. Please view the full announcement for more details and FAQs. Momentum Launch, a fully virtual event, will still occur as planned.

June 9, 2020 - Camping Night Policy Update

The virtual long-term camping authorization policy has been updated.

April 28, 2020 - 5:00PM EST - Unami Events Update

The coucil program committee met and decided to close all camps and cancel all events until June 1. This cancellation applies to all of our in person events as well, including Spring Service 2, the NOAC Fundraiser Trivia Night, and Pow-Wow in the Park.

Our NOAC Committee and Events Committee are coordinating with eachother on how to open the trivia night up to youth and adults as a virtual fellowship event! Stay tuned to our news and calendar for more information! Chapter meetings and Unit Elections are continuing online. Make sure to reach out to your chapter leaders for more information.

April 17, 2020 - 5:00PM EST - Section NE-5 Conclave Update

“The Section NE-5 leadership team, in consultation with the leadership of Lowwapaneu Lodge and Northeastern Pennsylvania Council, has made the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 Section NE-5 Conclave to the weekend of August 28-30, 2020, at Goose Pond Scout Reservation.

This is unchartered territory for all of us, and we know you’ll have questions about what this change means for you and your lodge. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through these difficult times together.”

Visit oane5.org/coronavirus to learn more including information about refunds if the new date no longer works for you.

March 25, 2020 - 5:00PM EST - Unit Elections Update

The National OA Director has approved lodges to hold virtual unit elections through July 1, 2020. Due to the cancellation of many induction events, candidates that were elected February 1, 2019 through July 1, 2020 will have 24 months from the date of election to complete their ordeal.

Visit oa-bsa.org/coronavirus/virtual-unit-elections-and-induction-date-extension to learn more.

March 25, 2020 - 5:00PM EST - OA High Adventure

OA High Adventure programs are happening as planned. Learn more at oa-bsa.org/coronavirus.

March 18, 2020 - 7:00PM EST - A Message from the Lodge Chief

Due to the current health crisis, the Cradle of Liberty Council Program Committee has decided to postpone or cancel all in-person events until at least April 30th.

This includes our upcoming Community Service Day, and Spring Service 1 weekend that was to be held at Musser Scout Reservation. It is a not an easy decision but one that is believed to be in the best interest of our members, our loved ones, and our community. This suspension of activities will also apply to Chapter Meetings and Unit Elections.

Units are being advised of how they should handle meetings and activities by Cradle of Liberty Council at colbsa.org/coronavirus, but the Lodge has suspended all Unit Elections through the end of March, and will begin again April 1st by only using video conferencing solutions until further notice.

We are aware that this may not answer every question and a few decisions have yet to be made, but all information regarding changes to our program will be made available when they are known right here, and at UnamiLodge.org/coronavirus.

Thank you for your understanding during these trying times.

Yours in Brotherhood,
Luke Cihak
Lodge Chief

March 18, 2020 - 5:15PM EST - From the National Chief Regarding COVID-19

Our world has experienced a lot of change in recent days, and I want to take a moment to address the current situation. While the change caused by the spread of COVID-19 may seem disconcerting, we cannot lose sight of the bigger picture and our overall mission…

Read more at oa-bsa.org/article/chiefly-speaking-national-chief-regarding-covid-19.

March 18, 2020 - 8:00AM EST - Cradle of Liberty Events

For the safety of our members, all Cradle of Liberty council-level events and camps will be closed until Thursday, April 30th. Summer Camp is still proceeding as planned! For the latest updates regarding council events and camps, please visit colbsa.org/coronavirus.

March 17, 2020 - 10:00AM EST - National, Regional, and Section OA Events

All national, regional, and section OA events through May 2, 2020 have been postponed. More details can be found at oa-bsa.org/coronavirus.

March 13, 2020 - 4:00PM EST - Community Service Day Postponed

After careful consideration and in consultation with the service locations, we have come to the decision that postponing the 2020 Community Service Day is the best option for the safety and well-being of all who would attend. Learn more at unamilodge.org/news/2020-CSD-Coronavirus.

March 12, 2020 - 4:00PM EST - Status of NOAC

Currently, the National Order of the Arrow Conference is scheduled to be HELD AS PLANNED on August 3-8, 2020. More details can be found at oa-bsa.org/coronavirus.

March 12, 2020 - 4:00PM EST - Order of the Arrow’s Response to COVID-19

As always, your safety and the safety of all our members, volunteers, and employees is our top priority. We know there are questions and concerns about how COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, could affect the National Order of the Arrow Conference and other upcoming Order of the Arrow events. Please visit oa-bsa.org/coronavirus for more details.